02 January 2013

Review: Cocoa Brown Tan

First of all Happy New Year! I hope you all have a good one :)

There's been a lot of hype on Twitter about a new Irish tan that has come on the market.

I'm not one for tanning to be honest. I've tried Sally Hansen but I found it really messy. I've tried Dove gradual tanner moisturiser but you have to do that a few days in advance and build it up to ensure you get the desired effect. I also found I would miss bits. I'm sometimes not a patient woman for this so if I had tan on my legs I could feck it up and have to wear trousers / skinny jeans out.

Then I started reading about Cocoa Brown and watched a youtube review on it. You can watch it here. So I was quite interested in trying out this product given it's many wonderful reviews. I totally came across it by accident in my local pharmacy. The pharmacy didn't stock Cocoa Brown tanning mitt so I bought the Tantastic mitt.

Cocoa Brown Tan €7.99
The tanning product is a mousse and a little goes a long way! I've tried this out twice. I did it for one hour the first time then washed it off and the second night I reapplied it for a deeper effect and left it on for 3 and a half hours...(I kinda lost track of time). On the cocoabrown.ie they advise against this but sometimes I just like to break the rules and learn from my own mistakes! Here's a photo of me on my night out wearing it for the first time after allowing only 1 hour for development.

After 1 hour development
Here's a photo of me on the second night. Of course both were taken on different cameras. The above one was on a camera phone (HTC something!) and the second one was on a proper camera. 

Top up of the 1 hour application, applied for 3 and a half hours.
I don't think either photo's do the tan any justice....I'm really fair. I find I look really washed out in photo's but I really love the look of it. What do I love about the tan? It's not messy a small squirt of the mousse and it expands soo much. After two nights of application I've loads left. To be honest I feel like I've hardly used any of it. There is a slight scent off it but I don't think it's anything unbearable. It lasts about 3-4 more showers before the tan is completely washed away (that's if you don't exfoliate it away!)

Ms Carter - you've changed my mind on tan! It is something I think I will do more often.

You can visit www.cocoabrown.ie for some tanning tips!

Thanks for stopping by :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig